Blogs > Laura Kessel's blog

Laura Kessel is managing editor of The News-Herald in Willoughby. She writes a weekly column and shares her thoughts here.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Up early, and waiting

Well, Mother Nature didn't really cooperate.

The winter storm forced complete rescheduling of the flights into Atlanta, and I'm still not sure where I'm headed first. All I know is that leave at 1:50 p.m.

The Marines were up half the night reworking our departures because of the travel chaos created by the storm that apparently will reach up and smack Cleveland today. It forced cancellations of about 2,000 flights throughout the south, and mine was included. I originally was on a 7:30 a.m. flight to Atlanta that was to be followed by a connection to Savannah. 

When we arrived last night at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Middleburg Heights, we were told to meet in the lobby at 4 a.m. to find out our flight information. So, it was up at 3:10 a.m. to make it down there on time.

When I got to the lobby, I learned I'm on the latest flight, but the Marines on hand didn't have all the information, so I am not sure where I'm headed first. Those of us left waiting for the later flight headed back up to our rooms to get some more sleep before we meet up again at 11 a.m. for a ride to the airport.

So, now I'm headed to breakfast and then it's back down to the lobby to figure out where I'm going.

Hopefully it won't start to snow here before my flight takes off. Come on, Mother Nature, give me a break?

LKessel@News-Herald.com
@lauranh

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue Billhardt said...

Good luck Laura,

I'll be anxious to read further blogs. What an exciting adventure!

Sue Billhardt

January 11, 2011 at 5:59 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home